one:ten customer since: August 2008
Trinity School is a private school with an ambitious mission: “to impart basic ordered knowledge about the world and to train students in basic intellectual skills and qualities of mind so that they might be of use to God in the wise care and governance of his creation and in the building of his kingdom.” The school also possesses the unique characteristic of operating on three campuses, in Indiana, Minnesota and Virginia. In late 2008, they decided to redesign their website in order to expand their marketing capabilities and better serve parents, alumni and donors to the school.
- November 2008: Planning begins for new website with separate sites for each school.
- March 2009: New site for River Ridge campus launches. Sites for the other two campuses follow within a month.
- April 2009: Parents with no previous contact with the schools other than the website attend Spring open houses.
- May 2009: Trinity’s marketing office uses the website as the focal point for an integrated direct marketing/promotional video campaign.
- June 2009: The alumni outreach team places videos of the Greenlawn graduation ceremony on the website as part of a new effort to connect alumni with the school.
- August-September 2009: As the new school year begins, parents use the websites to get important information about schedules, supplies, uniforms and sports teams.
- October 2009: The website factors heavily in Trinity’s fall recruiting effort. As many as 75% of attendees at open houses say that the website is a primary reason for their interest in the school.
- Website now plays a vital role in attracting prospective students.
- Staff at each campus deliver relevant information to parents at their schools.
- Marketing and development staff use website to connect with alumni and donors.
how one:ten helped
- Assisted with planning and organizing the content on the site
- Designed overall appearance for the site and individual layouts for all pages
- Selected and prepared pictures for use throughout the site
- Set up and configured content management system
- Set up video capabilities, both hosted and embedded from other services
- Trained Trinity staff in the use of the site’s administrative system